Tuesday, May 21, 2013

New Skill Obtained!

You can now count me among the people who can crochet and knit! Yep, last week, I decided to pick up the needles instead of the hook and I taught myself how to knit! Well, I had some help from the New Stitch a Day website. They've helped me with tough crochet stitches in the past, and well, I've learned quite a lot about knitting from them too! One thing I didn't realize is that there are SO many ways to do one thing! Like casting on, there's dozens of varieties! Also, knitting in the round is ridiculously difficult compared to crocheting. Maybe this in why there aren't many cute toys knitted compared to crocheted. I can say that my hands are unbelievably sore. Since I learned how to crochet first, I have a specific way I hold my yarn and how I work. My left hand now has to do things that only my right hand took care of in the past. Good grief!

For the first week, I was just trying new stitches on leftover yarn, but I moved on to patterns recently. Just dish cloths for now, nothing too serious. You can never have enough of those things xD I found this geeky little pattern and I attempted it last week and failed miserably. I blame all these 'bobbles' which I can't find any video tutorials for -.- Soooo, the other night, I said to myself 'screw it, I'm going to alter it'. Instead of doing bobbles, I just made the stitches stand out in contrast to the stockinette stitch. The results were, well, you tell me.

I think, all things considered as my first pattern, I think I did ok. If you can't tell what it is, the image inside the cloth is a Dalek from the Doctor Who series. Just this evening, I did another one too, I really like the way this one turned out! 

(Ugh, blogger's uploader is a total failure tonight. I had to put both photos on another site and copy-paste them to here. Its like, it doesn't want to take my photos! Laaame!)

Anywho, we're pushing 4 am here, time for me to 'attempt' to sleep. Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment